Clients often ask us how we provide best practice solutions for disability inclusion in the workplace. The answer is simple: include disabled employees in the same manner as able-bodied employees, no excuses! There are many reasons for why it CANNOT work, but let us show you the ways in which it CAN work.
- Recruit your learners – choose the best candidates for the job at hand
- Provide induction to your learners – tell them the how, what, when, where
- Do your admin properly – yes, all the paperwork must be done correctly
- Take them into the workplace – inform all parties and ensure the workplace is conducive to learning and disabilities
- Monitor, monitor, monitor
GP Retail Operations has made a strategic decision to roll out a group of 30 deaf learners into the workplace every year and for that purpose a full time sign language interpreter was appointed at the Academy. Our team has this process down to a tee and it is always a privilege to watch them go through this well organised day.
Being able to provide jobs to a person who has limited opportunities is the gift that keeps on giving – and I mean a gift to the person who provides the job, not the other way around.
Disability inclusion: it’s just what we do.